Teen boy, 17, arrested after 'disturbance' during Indiana Jones filming in Glasgow

A TEEN boy, 17, has been arrested after an alleged “disturbance” during the filming of Indiana Jones 5.

He was nicked after allegedly invading the set of the new movie on Saturday afternoon in Glasgow, say cops.


Cops said the disturbance happened as the cameras continued to roll on a parade scene being filmed in the city centre.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: "Officers in Glasgow arrested a 17-year-old teenage boy following a disturbance on Renfield Street around 3.20pm on Saturday, 17 July.

"A report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal."

The Glasgow Times reported that the teen "was seen being huckled by two police officers, aided by a set security guard".

An eyewitness said: "Someone didn't get far trying to storm the set today."

Filming on the fifth installment in the series began in June in the U.K. under the direction of James Mangold.

The film is set to be released in July 2022.

But the movie has been hit with a series of disasters already.

Someone didn't get far trying to storm the set today.

Its star, Harrison Ford, sustained a shoulder injury on set.

The 78-year-old was hurt rehearsing a fight scene, a spokesperson for the Walt Disney said last month.

The swashbuckling hero of the hit films was spotted in early July wearing a sling as he recovers.

Pushing back filming by three months, the actor is currently of action while he recuperates from surgery.

Harrison was photographed walking near his home in London's Mayfair where his arm could be seen being held up in a green sling.

Dressed down to watch tennis at a local pub, the star donned a navy jumper and grey trousers for the outing as he enjoyed time off from filming.

It comes after Harrison once again donned his signature Indiana Jones hat to star as the daredevil archaeologist for the fifth and final time.

An insider revealed: "It is Harrison's last outing as Indiana and everyone thought it would be plain sailing.

"After the initial delays everyone was raring to go. But now Harrison is injured and it is worse than first thought."

ACTOR FALLS OVER

The film sees James Mangold taking over from long-time director Steven Spielberg after shooting was pushed back due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Yesterday, on July 18, an actor took a spill while performing a chase scene.

The as yet untitled fifth instalment of the adventure series has shut down parts of the city centre in recent weeks.

It's seen the transformation of buildings and businesses into Manhattan of the late 1960s and mimicking a parade for the returning Apollo 11 astronauts.

But filming was brought to an abrupt halt as one of the actors took a spill performing a scene and had to be seen by an ambulance crew.

The performer, whose name is not known, appears to be involved in a chase involving Harrison Ford's character through the parade, when he barges through a brass band of sailors.

But the fall, which prompted the attention of the medical team, most likely was not in the script.

Luckily, the stricken actor was back on his feet before too long and gave the crowd a wave to signal he was not seriously hurt.

Before the spill, director James Mangold could be seen instructing the actor on his performance, aggressively running through the band – his face contorted in mock anger – and running with his arms aloft.

At other points in Sunday's filming, a body double for Ford could be seen riding a horse and bursting through a banner adorned with the words "a giant leap for mankind".

This, of course, is the phrase made famous by Neil Armstrong when he took his first steps on the Moon in 1969.

PEDESTRIANS BANNED

A body double for actor Boyd Holbrook was also seen as part of the chase scene on a motorcycle.

Filming has so far featured several hundred extras.

Other main stars in the movie include Mads Mikkelsen, Antonio Banderas, Thomas Kretschmann, Shaunette Renee Wilson and Toby Jones.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge, star of Fleabag, was pictured on set on Wednesday at Cochrane Street.

Parts of the city centre will be closed on various days until July 31 for filming, with the "prohibition of pedestrian movements during 'action'" in some cases.

Vehicles will not be able to wait, load or unload – or even move – on other dates along St Vincent Street, Hope Street, West Nile Street and Wellington Street, among others.


    Source: Read Full Article