Prince Andrews appearance on Prince Philip documentary enrages BBC viewers

Prince Andrew appeared on Prince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers on Wednesday evening, speaking about his late father, the Duke of Edinburgh, who died earlier this year.

The Queen's son, 61, appeared in the documentary that was partly filmed ahead of the late Duke's 100th birthday, just weeks before he passed away – and viewers were not happy to see him.

Prince Andrew is currently residing at the Queen's private estate, Balmoral, in Scotland after being served court papers by Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who has accused him of sexual abuse while she was 17.

The Duke has strongly denied any claims made against him and has previously vowed to help any law enforcement agencies.

Speaking to the camera, the Duke said: "My children had the most amazing relationship with their grandfather."

The Duke's two daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie of York also spoke of their grandfather, describing him as a "constant" in their lives.

Moments after Prince Andrew appeared on screens, viewers took to Twitter to share their rage.

"Are the BBC beyond stupid? The Prince Philip tribute has begun with a tribute from amongst others the Duke of York – shame on them. Shame on them," said one.

While a second added: "@BBCOne are you being serious interviewing 'HRH Prince Andrew'. Very disappointed that you feel that this is acceptable."

"I can't believe Prince Andrew is on The Royal Family Remembers," tweeted a third.

The Duke later went on to add: "He taught us to swim, he taught us to play Badminton, he taught us all sorts of sports.

"He taught me to drive," before his sister Anne, The Princess Royal admitted that Prince Philip taught her and her siblings to drive from a young age.

Andrew's legal team has argued he wasn't properly served papers in Jeffrey Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre's sexual assault lawsuit.

Ms Giuffre, 38, accuses Andrew of abusing her at Epstein's Manhattan home and on the paedophile billionaire's private estate in the Virgin Islands.

On Friday, September 17, the High Court gave his £1,000-a-day legal team seven days to challenge its landmark decision to hand Andrew's legal team the papers in its own right.

Lawyers for Virginia Giuffre also said they sent the lawsuit to the prince's LA-based lawyer Andrew Brettler by email and FedEx, with both copies received by Monday morning.

Andrew has 21 days to respond to the US filing or could face a default judgment.

The Duke of York has not been charged with any criminal wrongdoings.

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

It's been a year like no other for the Queen from the loss of her husband to heartache over Prince Harry. But Her Majesty has also had a lot of cause for celebration, including the birth of baby Lilibet. To mark what a year the Queen has had, OK! Magazine is bringing you a limited edition collector's issue. Get your hands on it, here.

Source: Read Full Article