Meghan Markle outrage: Duchess defended over ‘Meghan blame’ – ‘Taking it out of context!’

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry last week issued a lengthy statement in which they outlined the new system they will adopt once they quit the Royal Family, confirming they will not be making use of the Sussex Royal brand after their departure. Royal biographer Tom Bower accused the Duchess of Sussex of infusing the statement with “spiteful fury” aimed at the Queen over the brand and of being “rude” to Her Majesty. But Good Morning Britain contributor Afua Adom hit back at the biographer accusing his of taking the statement “out of context” and contributing to a campaign of “Meghan bashing.”

Ms Adom said: “I think what is spiteful in this instance is the way this whole statement has been interpreted.

“No other part of the statement has been talked about where Harry talked about the work he is going to continue doing on the armed services and the Invictus Games.

“Nobody is talking about the fact they said they want to remain working with the Royal Family, with the Queen but they are not going to do that.

“It would be spiteful if they said they are going to use the term royal anyway – it was a statement, it was very, very factual. There was no emotion in there.”

JUST IN: Meghan Markle snub: Duchess ‘given opposite advice’ to Kate Middleton

She added: “People are taking things that they say out of context, blaming solely on Meghan as per usual as people have continuously done over this whole thing, assuming it’s all Meghan as if Harry is weak-willed, assuming she’s somehow ruling him and all-powerful.

“On Friday, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed they will not be using the Sussex Royal brand while remarking neither the Queen nor other members of the Royal Family have exclusive rights to use the term “royal.”

The statement read: “While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word ‘Royal’ overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use ‘Sussex Royal’ or any iteration of the word ‘Royal’ in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs Spring 2020.”

READ MORE: Sussex shock: Meghan’s best friend speaks out amid claims she registered couple’s charity

“While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month review period has been put in place.

“Per the agreement, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex understand that they are required to step back from royal duties and not undertake representative duties on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen.”

A spokesman for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed last week the couple will begin their transition into the new system on March 31 after a final round of engagements in the UK.

Prince Harry and Meghan are expected to head back to the UK this week to carry out a series of outings on behalf of the Queen, and will conclude their career at the celebrations for Commonwealth Day on March 9.

DON’T MISS:

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘not royal anymore’ as Queen hits out [LATEST]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s ‘odd’ dig at Beatrice and Eugenie [UPDATE]
Meghan Markle accused of placing ‘sliver of ice’ in Harry’s heart [ANALYSIS]

The Duke and Duchess have spent the past month living in Canada with their son Archie. Meghan and Harry are expected to settle down in the Commonwealth country for the time being but sources close to the royals suggested they have also been seeking a house in Los Angeles.

The couple have been spotted crossing the border into the US to attend a private JP Morgan conference in Miami earlier this month, during which Prince Harry delivered a speech.

They later travelled to Meghan’s native California to hold meetings with officials at Stanford University’s Palo Alto campus over their plans for their future charitable endeavours.

Source: Read Full Article