THE I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! camp is in danger as burning bushfires threaten the launch of the new series.
The ITV show is set to return to our screens next Sunday, but producers are said to be on high alert following the natural fires down under.
Over the weekend, at least three people have lost their lives as more than 100 blazes crippled New South Wales and Queensland.
I'm A Celebrity is filmed in Murwillumbah, close to New South Wales' Queensland border.
The closest fires to the set so far have been 10 kilometres away, in Lamington National Park.
The Mirror report that bosses have been "closely monitoring" the situation as crew and hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly come and go from the area as normal.
A spokesperson for ITV told the publication: "We are in constant contact with the NSW fire brigade and are closely monitoring the situation.
"We currently have no cause for concern. The health and safety of all our production crew and celebrities are of the utmost importance."
There are believed to be around 1,300 firefighters working across the two endangered states, with deputy mayor of Tweed Shire, Chris Cherry, speaking out on Murwillumbah specifically.
She said: "Our main concern for the area is bush fires. It has been very hot and dry here in the past months and although this is a rain forest area, bush fires are now an issue we need to seriously think about. It’s bad."
Earlier today, The Sun Online revealed that comic Andrew Maxwell had arrived in Oz as a surprise addition to the show.
He joins 10 other big names who are making their way to the outback, including Caitlyn Jenner, Ian Wright, and Jacqueline Jossa.
Source: Read Full Article