Strictly Come Dancing: Adam Peaty joins the 2021 lineup
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
David Attenborough is a national treasure and BBC viewers eagerly await news about his newest documentary as soon as the latest one has aired. However, could the broadcaster be announced as an unexpected Strictly Come Dancing contestant? Ballroom and Latin dancer Luba Mushtuk has revealed she’d loved to see the documentarist on the dance floor.
In an exclusive interview with Express.co.uk, Luba was asked to comment on changes that were made to the 2020 series.
An alleged “age ban” was implemented last year as bosses were keen to protect vulnerable groups amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Earlier this year, a source reported Strictly bosses were looking to lift this ban for the 2021 series.
On whether she would like to see older contestants take part, Luba revealed her hopes to see David take to the dance floor.
Read more: Shirley Ballas warned Strictly cast to not comment on her appearance
“Why not?” Luba noted. “Dancing is for everyone, it doesn’t matter about age.
“I would love to see David Attenborough coming in, that would be great.”
Luba continued: “I would love to [dance with him] his voice is the most beautiful voice on the planet for me.”
Will Strictly fans be treated to a last-minute sign up by the BBC icon?
However, the documentarist is not the only BBC star Luba thinks should sign up.
“I would like to see Michael McIntyre doing the show because I think it will be very entertaining and very fun,” Luba added.
Meanwhile, the professional dancer addressed Strictly going ahead last year despite the pandemic.
“I think that we all were extremely grateful to have any sort of possibility to still do the show,” she said.
The One Show’s Alex Jones ‘felt trapped’ by job before BBC role [INSIGHT]
Holby City rocked as Cameron Dunn kills Chloe Godard in return plot? [SPOILER]
Alex Jones shares touching reason she wanted a baby girl [INTERVIEW]
Luba praised the production team for keeping everyone safe and making sure the show could happen.
BBC bosses have confirmed the upcoming series will be following in the footsteps of last year and not heading to Blackpool.
Discussing the impact this change had on the 2020 series, Luba said: “I think that the nation, really needed us to do the show.
“And we managed to do the show so I feel, even if it was shorter, even if there was no Blackpool or even if there was no audience, we still made it and we made so many people happy for those two hours on Saturday night.”
What is happening where you live? Find out by adding your postcode or visit InYourArea
Luba explained why she’ll miss her annual Strictly trip to Blackpool
“I’ve been to Blackpool since I think I was probably 10, the first time I went there for a competition.
“So Blackpool has always been a part of my career and of my life, I love going there.
“The atmosphere in the tower ballroom is always magical, it’s just something that you can describe.”
Strictly Come Dancing will return to BBC One later this year.
Source: Read Full Article