Why Hollywood’s Talk of ‘Inclusion Riders’ Fizzled
Apple’s TV, iPhone and Arcade Announcements Do Little to Move the Needle on Wall Street
Apple TV+ will launch Nov. 1 at $4.99 per month
Wall Street didn’t appear all that impressed with Apple’s annual product reveal event on Tuesday, as shares of the tech and entertainment company remained relatively stagnant after the event wrapped.
Apple CEO Tim Cook announced a Nov. 1 launch date and a $4.99 price tag for Apple TV+, the company’s much-anticipated and talked about streaming service. That positions Apple’s streaming effort ahead of Disney’s in terms of timing, and with a slightly lower cost.
Still that, along with two new iPhones, a new iPad, Apple Watch and a subscription gaming service, wasn’t enough to give Apple shares any significant boost. Apple, with a market cap of $967.87 billion, was trading around $214 per share during late afternoon trading on Tuesday.
Shares of Apple are up roughly 10.0% in the last three months and have gained 35.8% in the year to date. Apple has enjoyed a strong performance on Wall Street so far this year, with its share price climbing more than 30% since early January. That rise has been stalled a bit in the last month, however, as the ongoing U.S.-China trade battle has stifled Apple and…
For Only $1/Day Members Access:
- Access to full length Members-Only Video archive
- Video of notable sessions from TheWrap Events (TheGrill, Power Women Summit)
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video trends in the OTT market
- In-depth entertainment industry research and whitepapers
- Jenelle Evans Has Signed Up For Twitch Now That She's Been Booted From the Reality TV World
- Dog's Most Wanted Sets September Premiere — Watch an Emotional Teaser for Beth Chapman's Final Episodes
- Gone with the Wind Is Still the Biggest Film of All Time with Inflation — Over Avengers: Endgame
- Wesley Snipes Implores Angry 'Blade' Fans to "Chillaaxx" After Marvel Studios Reboot News
- EastEnders’ Danielle Harold looks unrecognisable from grungy character Lola Pearce as she posts glam snap – The Sun