Abbie Quinnen’s horrific injuries as she suffers burns after fireball accident

AJ Pritchard's girlfriend Abbie Quinnen showed off the horrific impact of painful third-degree burns in a harrowing photo with her covered in bandages.

Abbie, who is a professional dancer like her Strictly Come Dancing star boyfriend, was hospitalised after a blazing wine bottle exploded in her face and set her hair and clothing on fire.

A photograph taken after the terrifying accident saw Abbie covered in bandages, including some covering her face.

She was taken to the hospital and had to undergo three skin grafts after suffering from painful burns.

The painful ordeal occurred while the couple were filming an online 'life hack' video for their one million Instagram followers.

They were attempting to demonstrate how to cut a glass bottle in half to be used as a vase.

The hack involves dipping a rope in a flammable chemical, wrapping it around the bottle setting it alight.

Like what you see? Then fill your boots…

There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?

Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

During the stunt, disaster struck as the fire engulfed Abbie as the bottle reportedly blew up.

A source told The Sun: "Abbie was shocked and in a great deal of pain but AJ sprang into action to put out the fire with a wet tea towel.

"He was terrified himself but he did all he could to stop her from burning."

The source continued to The Sun on Sunday: "AJ and Abbie were stuck at home during lockdown and, like many people, started making social media videos to pass the time.

"But this tutorial went horribly wrong. Abbie’s whole upper body went up in flames. It all happened very quickly. It was like something from a horror film."

  • Piers Morgan tipped for Strictly as Giovanni Pernice wants first male partnership

  • Oti Mabuse sparks Strictly exit fears as she drops hint after joining Masked Dancer

Abbie took to social media on Sunday to tell her followers that she is "okay" after the accident.

She wrote: "I am sad I have been absent in the last few weeks and haven't posted much with AJ, we so desperately wanted to be able to share daily vlogs with you all but unfortunately I have had an accident.

"Whilst we were attempting to create a glass bottle into a vase following a YouTube tutorial it went terribly wrong and it resulted in me incurring injuries and burns requiring continuous hospital treatment over the past seven weeks."

Abbie added: "I really need you all to be careful with what you're doing and if you're copying any YouTube videos. I will be OK, I love you all.

"I also want to say a massive thank you to the nurses and doctors and the Chelsea & Westminster burns unit for their incredible care and treatment."

Source: Read Full Article