Super Bowl 2020 — a clash of football titans (but not the Tennessee ones) — will play out Sunday at Hard Rock Stadium in sunny Miami.
The Jimmy Garoppolo led San Francisco 49ers are taking on the Kansas City Chiefs in what promises to be a close game with all the trimmings: celebrity fans, a saucy halftime performance and a lot of Patrick Mahomes wigs.
This matchup has loads of fun story lines sure to fill the broadcast. Here’s how to follow along — with booze:
- The last time the Chiefs were in the Super Bowl was in 1970 when they defeated the Minnesota Vikings. Take a sip of beer every time the broadcasters mention the team hasn’t been to the big game in 50 years.
- The last time the 49ers were in the Super Bowl was in 2013, at the Superdome in New Orleans, where they lost to the Baltimore Ravens and Colin Kaepernick was their quarterback. Take a sip every time they mention the controversial former QB.
- Take a swig every time they show Chiefs fans doing a tomahawk chop.
- Take 2 shots if Chiefs coach Andy Reid lumbers to the field and tosses the challenge flag.
- Whenever the broadcasters mention that Chiefs QB Mahomes’ dad, Pat Mahomes, once pitched for the Mets, take a sip of beer.
- Take a swig every time the broadcasters mention Reid’s poor clock management.
- If retired 49ers legend Jerry Rice shows up wearing his enormous 49ers chain, take a shot and a swig of beer every time the camera cuts to him on the sideline.
- The Chiefs have a large, devoted celebrity following, including “Modern Family” star Eric Stonestreet, Jason Sudeikis and Paul Rudd. Take a sip every time they appear on camera.
- Look for celebrity cameos. Last week, 96-year-old WWII veteran and former Kansas Sen. Bob Dole said he was going to the Super Bowl. If he does indeed have a cameo there, take a sip.
- When Kansas City’s tight end Travis Kelce scores a touchdown and does his signature “Magic Mike” dance moves, have a sip.
- Jennifer Lopez and Shakira are performing during halftime. Anytime Jenny from The Bronx or Colombian Shakira drop any Spanish during their routines, have a drink.
- Take a swig of beer when Mr. Worldwide, Pitbull, inevitably pops up onstage during the halftime show.
- Every time the broadcast shows an aerial view of South Beach, have a drink.
- NFL legend Joe Montana played for the Chiefs and 49ers during his storied career. Any time they show the former gunslinger on TV, or mention him suiting up for both teams, take a sip of suds.
- This year, 49ers assistant Katie Sowers became the first female and openly gay coach to coach in the Super Bowl. Have a drink when they show her or tell her story.
- Anytime they mention that 49ers rookie defensive end Nick Bosa’s dad, John Bosa, played for the Dolphins, drink some beer.
- If they show J.Lo’s beau — Alex Rodriguez — or Shakira’s baby daddy — FC Barcelona star Gerard Piqué — have a drink.
- Take a small sip of beer when a fan in a Mahomes wig flashes across the screen.
- If the broadcasters bring up both 49ers coach Kyle Shananan and Reid’s last stints in the Super Bowl — both considered coaching blunders — imbibe.
- Shotgun a whole beer if you won your Super Bowl pool. Two, if the winnings were enough to pay off your credit card debt.
Source: Read Full Article