Rick Springfield Cancels Fan Getaway In Dominican Republic After Tourist Deaths
Rick Springfield has canceled his upcoming concert in the Dominican Republic due to several mysterious tourist deaths in the country.
The “Jessie’s Girl” singer announced his decision to postpone and move the site of his upcoming Rick Springfield & Friends vacation getaway, which had been scheduled for this November in the Dominican city of Punta Cana.
“We have been closely monitoring the situation in the Dominican Republic,” Springfield said in a statement. “In an abundance of caution and for the peace of mind and well-being of my fans, band and crew, the ‘Rick Springfield & Friends’ event in Punta Cana is being rescheduled to take place at Hard Rock Hotel Cancun in 2020.”
“New dates will be determined as soon as possible,” he added. “We hope to have this announcement within the next two weeks.”
Springfield said the event cannot be moved to the new location during the November 7-11, 2019 period due to the extensive planning and logistics required.
“While this decision has not been easy, the safety and well-being of our amazing fans, band and crew will always be the most important consideration in any situation,” Springfield said.
Fans who already paid for the 2019 getaway and are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be able to get a full refund from the tour company.
Source: Read Full Article