We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! was in doubt last year due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, however producers made it happen by changing the location from Australia to Wales along with vigorous testing. While many praised the team for their efforts, Ant and Dec revealed they were trolled about a particular show decision.
For the first time, viewers didn’t see a live show on Saturday evenings and were given highlights instead.
The presenters said many were furious about the decision and vented their anger at them.
Speaking at the National Television Awards this evening, Ant and Dec confirmed the show will be back later this year.
Dec said: “One thing we will be doing differently this year, we will have a full series.
“We put an advert for the show and everyone was like, ‘Oh my God you saved 2020, I’m A Celebrity is back!’
“But, got to the end of the first week on Saturday night and, because of covid protocols, we had to do a highlight show and Oh my God you should have seen our socials.
“They were like, ‘You a******es why would you give us a highlights show on a Saturday night?!’
The line-up for this year’s show is currently under wraps, however Dec spilled that it is just as good as the 2020 cast.
At the ceremony tonight, the ITV programme won the Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award.
Speaking on the stage to collect the gong, Ant said: “It was a real change to do it in Wales last year but it was absolutely brilliant.
“We loved it, we loved doing it there and we can’t wait to do it again this year.”
The series beat the duo’s Saturday Night Takeaway, Taskmaster, and The Graham Norton Show.
Brian May has ‘become paralysed’ over making decisions [REVEALED]
Ben Shephard offers Tipping Point ‘application form’ to GMB colleague [WATCH]
Carol Vorderman puts on eye-popping display as she sunbathes in bikini [PICTURED]
Giovanna Fletcher, who won last year, also thanked viewers for supporting the programme.
The author and podcast host became the Queen of the Castle, beating Vernon Kay and Jordan North.
Source: Read Full Article